Thursday, 30 July 2020

Manchester City in talks over signing Ferran Torres

Ferran Torres

Manchester City are in talks over the signing of Valencia winger Ferran Torres for 23m euros (£20.87m).

He would be City's first summer signing and replace Germany forward Leroy Sane, who has left the Premier League club for Bundesliga champions Bayern Munich.

Torres, who has a year left on his contract with the La Liga club, had been valued at £40m by Valencia.

BBC Sport understands the 20-year-old Spaniard is keen on a move to Etihad Stadium.

City, who finished second in the Premier League, are also expected to target central defenders this summer.

England centre-back John Stones, 26, and 32-year-old Argentina defender Nicolas Otamendi fell behind 19-year-old Eric Garcia as a partner for first-choice Aymeric Laporte following the coronavirus shutdown.

Spain Under-21 international Garcia started six of City's 10 Premier League games after the season restarted in June. Stones, who missed the first two matches with an ankle injury, started only two and Otamendi three.

City director of football Txiki Begiristain has said he is expecting a "strange" transfer window given the campaign will not end completely until the end of August, with the new one starting three weeks later on 12 September.

"We have to be ready," he told City's official website. "We have less time than ever, so people will have to move fast. We still have the Champions League, so we have to wait to move forward."

Begiristain also said it was possible City will play a friendly behind closed doors this weekend to prepare for the Champions League last-16 second leg against Real Madrid on 7 August.




source:https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/53559878

No comments:

Post a comment